Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG and remote databases - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG and remote databases
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 09:26:12AM -0800, nathan@khmere.com wrote:
> I  want to connect to a remote database as a  specific user. So the man
> page for ecpg says to do the following
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT   dbname[@server][:port]

exec sql connect TO <connection target>.

> But either way does not work, can someone please let me know the proper
> syntax  fo ecpg or how to do this within embedded SQL ?

I'm sorry, the man page you have is way outdated. But right now it's
difficult for me to just find the time to fix bugs.

You may look into the test files in the source tree.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!