Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Frazier
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah, I agree, Except about the Access part. Replace Access with ANYTHING :)
But really that isn't a joke, Access is though.

One other question, where is Replication, and updateable cursors / views?
Shoot high, then you better aim higher than crap like ooh we have views and
stored procedures (with Perl! drool....)  and mysql doesn't.

Thanks,

Eric

>> Lets forget the "replace MySQL with PostgreSQL" stuff and go looking for
>> higher end converts. Our marketing push should be "replace Oracle with
>> PostgreSQL and replace Access with MySQL". This puts the emphasis on
>> which database can do what...

(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant