Re: unable to dump database, toast errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: unable to dump database, toast errors
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:34:47 -0400, Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>
wrote:
>Is there any of those other columns that could identify a single row
>uniquely? If so, that could work as a key for this purpose.
>
>If you have that, let's call it <keycolumn>.

Lonni,

let me add that if there is no such *user* column, you can always use
the system column ctid:

    SELECT ctid FROM artifact_file LIMIT 1 OFFSET 694;

 ctid
--------
 (42,7)

Now check whether this is really your broken tuple:

    SELECT length(bin_data) FROM artifact_file
     WHERE ctid = '(42,7)';  -- should give an ERROR

... and that all other tuples are ok as suggested by Jan:

    SELECT sum(length(bin_data)) FROM artifact_file
     WHERE NOT ctid = '(42,7)';  -- should work

Note that you have to use 'NOT ctid =', because operator '!=' is not
defined for datatype tid.

Servus
 Manfred