Re: [pgScript patch] Improved test output + make use of pgAdmin UI for error output - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Mickael Deloison
Subject Re: [pgScript patch] Improved test output + make use of pgAdmin UI for error output
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
2009/3/11 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/3/11 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>>> Testing on Windows, it fails the first tests I try :-(
>>>
>>> select * from missing_table
>>>
>>> I get no error message at all. If I enter garbage, I just get the following:
>>>
>>> 1.0: syntax error, unexpected character
>>
>> This is normal: you do not have anything in the output because the
>> query must be terminated with a semi-colon.
>> I will look at that and add an error message.
>
> Thanks - I think that would quickly become a gotcha otherwise!

Hi Dave,

Attached to this email, a patch that prints an error when statements
are not ended with a semi-colon or when the end of file in encountered
whereas a string is not ended. For example
SELECT 1
PRINT 'Hi
SELECT $A$ abc
SELECT 'Hi
All those statements return an error saying a semi-colon is expected.

Best regards,
Mickael

Attachment