Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Reopen logfile on SIGHUP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/27/18 8:54 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 05:52:20PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It already does treat SIGUSR1 as a log rotation request.  Apparently
>> the point of this patch is that some people don't find that easy enough
>> to use, which is fair, because finding out the collector's PID from
>> outside isn't very easy.
>
> True enough.  The syslogger does not show up in pg_stat_activity either,
> so I think that being able to do so would help for this case.

There does not seem to be any consensus on this patch so I'm marking it
Waiting on Author for the time being.  At the end of the CF I'll mark it
Returned with Feedback if there is no further activity.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net