Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was
Date
Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was  (TalGloz <glozmantal@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 5/3/20 3:11 PM, TalGloz wrote:
> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
>> On 5/3/20 2:53 PM,
>>
>> Looks like you did not shutdown the 12 instance.
>>
>> --
>> Adrian Klaver
>
>> adrian.klaver@
>

> This is weird because "systemctl staus postgresql-12.service" shows that the
> service is dead.

It is now:
"The database server was not shut down cleanly."

Before running pg_upgrade again I would:\

1) Start the 12 instance to make sure it will start cleanly.

2) Shut it and the 10 instance down.

3) Try the pg_upgrade again this time with:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/pgupgrade.html

--check

     check clusters only, don't change any data

4) Assuming 3) completes, repeat w/o --check

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com