Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TalGloz
Subject Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
> On 5/3/20 3:11 PM, TalGloz wrote:
>> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
>>> On 5/3/20 2:53 PM,
>>>
>>> Looks like you did not shutdown the 12 instance.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adrian Klaver
>>
>>> adrian.klaver@
>>

>> This is weird because "systemctl staus postgresql-12.service" shows that
>> the
>> service is dead.
>
> It is now:
> "The database server was not shut down cleanly."
>
> Before running pg_upgrade again I would:\
>
> 1) Start the 12 instance to make sure it will start cleanly.
>
> 2) Shut it and the 10 instance down.
>
> 3) Try the pg_upgrade again this time with:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/pgupgrade.html
>
> --check
>
>      check clusters only, don't change any data
>
> 4) Assuming 3) completes, repeat w/o --check
>

>> Best regards,
>> TalGloz
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver

> adrian.klaver@

Thanks I'll try your steps tommorow. What I meant to say is that "systemctl
staus postgresql-12.service" was always showing that the service is dead,
even before I've started the upgrade process.

Best regards,
TalGloz

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html