Re: work-mem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From imad
Subject Re: work-mem
Date
List pgsql-performance
work-mem tells the size of physical memory only, virtual memory is
always there off course in case you run out of available memory.

I recommend you reading PostgreSQL internals for all this stuff:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/internals.html

--Imad
www.EnterpriseDB.com