My first PL/pgSQL function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thomas Løcke
Subject My first PL/pgSQL function
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hey all,

First I'd like to thank Jasen Betts and Michael Wood for the advice they gave me regarding my user management table design.

Next I'd like some feedback on my first PL/pgSQL function:  http://pastebin.com/f8357ec0

It appears to be doing exactly what I want, and it's fast at doing it. Compared to my old "SQL in PHP" solution, this is ~25% faster. And it looks a lot more smooth in the code also.

So in my book, this is all win.

But are there any glaring issues with this function? Have I missed something obvious, or made some classic beginner mistakes?

Any and all advice are more than welcome, and much appreciated.

Regards,
Thomas