Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.03.21 10:54, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
>>> This reply was two months ago, and nothing has happened, so I have
>>> marked the patch as RwF.
>>
>> Given the ongoing work on returning multiple result sets from stored
>> procedures[0], I went to dust off this patch.
>>
>> Based on the feedback, I put back the titular SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option,
>> but set the default to on.  I fixed the test failure in
>> 013_crash_restart.pl.  I also trimmed back the test changes a bit so
>> that the resulting test output changes are visible better.  (We could
>> make those stylistic changes separately in another patch.)  I'll put
>> this back into the commitfest for another look.
>
> Thanks a lot for the fixes and pushing it forward!
>
> My 0.02€: I tested this updated version and do not have any comment on
> this version. From my point of view it could be committed. I would not
> bother to separate the test style ajustments.

Committed.  The last thing I fixed was the diff in the copy2.out
regression test.  The order of the notices with respect to the error
messages was wrong.  I fixed that by switching back to the regular
notice processor during COPY handling.

Btw., not sure if that was mentioned before, but a cool use of this is
to \watch multiple queries at once, like

select current_date \; select current_time \watch