Re: select from one table with help of another table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: select from one table with help of another table
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2020-06-16 at 08:37 +0000, paul.malm@lfv.se wrote:
> I’m trying to get the fid (integer) of objects in table line where the geometry (postgis) is inside another geometry
fromanother table (polygon),

> But I would not like to get the objects with the highest fid inside the polygons of table buffered.
> I’ve tried this:
>
>    SELECT fid FROM
>       "line" USING “polugon” AS b WHERE
>        ST_Contains(b.geom, "line".geom) AND "line".fid NOT IN (SELECT MAX("line".fid)
> );
>
> It complains about “USING” in line 2.
> Anyone who knows how I should do it instead?

What if a "line" is contained in more than one "polugon", and
in one of these it has the highest "fid", but not in the others?

Should that be included in the results?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe