Re: Check what has been done for a uncommitted prepared transaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Check what has been done for a uncommitted prepared transaction
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 16:26 +0800, Andy Fan wrote:
> Thanks,  actually I don't know how to use prepared transaction and how it works.
> I care about this because there is a long prepared transaction exists in our customer,
> and we want to know what this transaction has done(like any data it changed).
> All the things I know is the data comes from pg_prepared_xact, but it doesn't help a lot.

Idf you have the transaction ID from "pg_prepared_xact", you could check
what locks are held:

SELECT * FROM pg_locks WHERE transactionid = ...;

Than might give you a clue.

Using prepared transactions without a transaction manager that keeps track of them
and cleans up if necessary is dangerous.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe
--
+43-670-6056265