hint unique result fro union - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matteo Bertini
Subject hint unique result fro union
Date
Re: hint unique result fro union  ("Jaime Casanova" <systemguards@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello all!

I'm quite new to pg, but I'm using it quite a lot in the last few monts.

Deeping in new features, I found a question: is it possible to hint an unique result from a select?

Mainly, thinking about partitions, I'd like to create a small, frequently accessed partition and a big, rarely accessed partition.

I'd like to hint pg to stop the query on the parent partition at the first found item (and so hint not to analyze all the childs), because I know the index I'm using is unique.

Possible? Usefull?

Thanks,
Matteo Bertini