Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-03-31 at 15:17 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think that's too Boolean. The special case in 0001 is a better
> solution for the cases where it works. It's both more granular and
> more convenient.

I guess the "more convenient" is where I'm confused, because the "grant
subscription_owner to table owner with set role true" is not likely to
be conveniently already present; it would need to be issued manually to
take advantage of this special case.

Do you have any concern about the weirdness where assigning the
subscription to a higher-privilege user Z would cause B's trigger to
fail?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis