Re: Test-cases for deferred constraints in plpgsql_transaction.sql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Test-cases for deferred constraints in plpgsql_transaction.sql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02.07.18 17:11, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> Firstly, it would test if the ROLLBACK works as expected when used
> with the deferred constraints in plpgsql procedures. Secondly, it
> would test if the COMMIT/ROLLBACK works as expected for deferrable
> constraints which was initially immediate type but, later it got set
> to deferred using SET CONSTRAINTS command. I just raised this point
> because i couldn't find such test anywhere in plpgsl_transaction.sql
> file. Please let me know if i am missing something here. Thanks.

Deferred constraints operate on a level below PL/pgSQL.  PL/pgSQL just
calls the internal commit and rollback functions, and those handle the
rest.  So I don't think we gain much by testing all the functionality
that is associated with transactions again in each procedural language.