Re: "setsockopt(TCP_KEEPCNT) failed: Invalid argument" on Debian Lenny - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Willy-Bas Loos
Subject Re: "setsockopt(TCP_KEEPCNT) failed: Invalid argument" on Debian Lenny
Date
List pgsql-general
O, wait.
I think i misinterpreted the man page.
I intended to send a maximum of 200 keepalives, but that doesn't seem
to be what the value means.

The manpage says:"...if no response is obtained from the other end."
More elaborate, somewhere on the internet:
"When the SO_KEEPALIVE option is enabled, TCP probes a connection that
has been idle for some amount of time. If the remote system does not
respond to a keepalive probe, TCP retransmits the probe a certain
number of times before a connection is considered to be broken."

Cheers,

WBL