Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/27/22 15:45, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> Is this the correct way to answer when you say that I must *keep the
> list cc'd*? I am not sure if I only have to reply to the
> *pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
> <mailto:pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>* list or also include
> individual emails like yours and Adrian's.
>
> I have tried many ways to make this pg_dump command work without
> success. I just do not know what is going on. The last test I performed
> was as follows which only excludes 1 table in the *riopoderoso* schema
> but it did not work. Such a table is included in the resulting backup
> plain format file.
>
> *pg_dump -E win1252 -f c:/temp/respaldo.backup -n riopoderoso -F p -h
> localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -s -T 'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"'
> riopoderoso*

Using the command line client psql what does:

show client_encoding ;
show server_encoding ;

return?

Also in psql what does:

\dt riopoderoso."Asp"*

return?

FYI, -n riopoderoso and the riopoderoso in
'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' are redundant.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com