-DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS build takes far longer than before - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS build takes far longer than before
Date
Re: -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS build takes far longer than before  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

While working on our network problems to send the full build result to
the buildfarm server, I just saw that a full buildfarm run with
-DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS option takes nearly 2 hours more than before
(from ~ 5h40 to 7h30).

This phenomenon has started with this run:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=pigeon&dt=2008-04-12%2008:00:02

which has taken into account these commits:
pgsql/README 1.35
pgsql/contrib/ltree/ltree_io.c 1.15
pgsql/src/backend/parser/parse_type.c 1.95
pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/tsquery.c 1.17
pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/arrayfuncs.c 1.143
pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/geo_ops.c 1.100
pgsql/src/backend/utils/mmgr/aset.c 1.77
pgsql/src/port/dirmod.c 1.53
pgsql/src/include/pg_config_manual.h 1.31
pgsql/src/include/port.h 1.120
pgsql/doc/TODO 1.2415
pgsql/doc/src/FAQ/TODO.html 1.921

The additional time is spread like this:
make check: 40 minutes
make installcheck: 34 minutes
make contrib installcheck: 10 minutes

I don't know if it's normal or not but I thought it's worth
mentioning. The standard build run on the same box isn't affected.

Olivier, do you have the same behaviour with jaguar?

--
Guillaume