Re: Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>  Offhand I suspect
>  only the PostGIS project would be affected.

Just wanted to point out that I personnally use the capability to
remove the RECHECK of PostGIS opclass (I define a similar opclass
without the recheck) when I enforce the SRID in the application: the
overhead of rechecking the rows returned by the index scan is really
noticeable (for nothing if your SRID is the same in all your
application and data - that's what I read some time ago, hope it's
still true).

I don't know how you think PostGIS should fix their opclass after
RECHECK removal. But I'd like to have a way to keep the ability to
remove the RECHECK on my own if it's possible so I hope it won't be
hardcoded in C code somewhere.

--
Guillaume