Commit fest status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Commit fest status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
What's left on Bruce's patch queue page is:

* Finishing out Heikki's patch to allow runtime determination of the
need to recheck an index condition.  What's committed so far doesn't
yet have any actual use :-(.  Although I intend to keep working on
that, it's clearly new development and hence not commit-fest material.

* Design discussions about dead space map, free space map, etc.
I think that we have pretty much converged on a consensus that the
way to store these maps is to add separate subsidiary file(s) for
each relation ("forks", for lack of a better name).  And that really
seems to be the only thing we need to decide now --- there's not much
else to talk about until we have some prototype code to experiment
with.

* That thread about "real procedures".  I'm not seeing that we need
any further discussion now about that, either.  The consensus in the
thread seemed to be that having a PL that could execute "outside
transactions" would be good, but nobody was excited about much else
that was suggested.

In short, I think it's time to declare our first commit fest done.