Re: Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Guillaume Smet" <guillaume.smet@gmail.com> writes:
> Just wanted to point out that I personnally use the capability to
> remove the RECHECK of PostGIS opclass (I define a similar opclass
> without the recheck) when I enforce the SRID in the application:

To be blunt, that seems like a really bad idea, and I have not the
slightest hesitation about breaking your ability to do it.  How
do you know that the recheck-need corresponds to what you are testing
on the application side?

If there's actually some safe, consistent use for such behavior
then I think you need to lobby the PostGIS project to provide
access to it.