Re: Re: [HACKERS] How embarrassing: optimization of a one-shot query doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] How embarrassing: optimization of a one-shot query doesn't work
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>  Yeah, the lack of any formal testing of the extended-Query protocol
>  is a real problem.  I'm not sure of a good fix, but it bears some
>  thinking about.  Not only do we not have an automated way to notice
>  if we broke functionality, but we don't really notice for either
>  extended or basic protocol if we hurt performance.

I just posted something to -hackers about the availability of boxes
for QA purposes. It doesn't solve the problem by itself though.

A good answer is probably to plan optional JDBC benchmarks in the
benchfarm design - not all people want to run Java on their boxes but
we have servers of our own to do so. Andrew?

--
Guillaume