Re: WIP patch - INSERT-able log statements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: WIP patch - INSERT-able log statements
Date
List pgsql-patches
On 2/19/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> So add the session ID (%c) to log_line_prefix.

It could work if log_line_prefix was added before every line but it's
definitely not the case:
myuser mydb 45d9d615.4abe LOG:  duration : 185.223 ms, statement : SELECT *
        FROM lieu
        LIMIT 10;
if you execute:
SELECT *
FROM lieu
LIMIT 10;

I worked a *lot* on query logging and I really didn't find any
solution to use stderr in a safe way, reason why I don't use it at all
and I don't recommend it (even if pgFouine supports it, it outputs a
warning as soon as the parser finds a multiline query).

--
Guillaume