Re: documentation is now XML - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: documentation is now XML
Date
Re: documentation is now XML  (Liudmila Mantrova <l.mantrova@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/27/18 11:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 11:00:36AM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 4/23/18 05:54, Liudmila Mantrova wrote:
>>> Reading this thread, I got an impression that everyone would benefit
>>> from converting back branches to XML, but the main concern is lack of
>>> resources to complete this task. Are there any other issues that affect
>>> this decision? Looks like Aleksander Lakhin's offer to prepare patches
>>> was missed somehow as the discussion sidetracked to other issues
>>
>> That proposal seemed to indicate not only converting the source code to
>> XML but also the build system to XSL.  The latter is out of the
>> question, I think.
>
> Why is that?
Because there would be a thousand lines of tooling changes to be
backported and thousands of pages of documentation to be checked
manually that it doesn't create a mess (times branches times platforms).