Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chris Hoover
Subject Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios
Date
List pgsql-admin
Is anyone using Nagios to monitor PostgreSQL?

If so, is there any way to check for more than just your PostgreSQL instance being up?

This weekend, we had an issue where a database shutdown failed due to a rogue query that would not die w/o a kill -9 being done on it.  The database remained up and accepted connections only to tell the connection to go away because the database was shutting down.

This up and accepting connections caused our Nagios instance to not report the database being down.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,

Chris