Re: Help with function - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chris Hoover
Subject Re: Help with function
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ok, here is a bit more information,  When I declare the function as
function(view_name, view_name) an try to update my view.  I am getting
the following errors:
ERROR:  record type has not been registered
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "clmhdr_view_update" while storing call
arguments into local variables

My rule is doing select function_name(new.*, old.*).

What is pg trying say here, and how to I modify my function to fix this?

Thanks,

Chris