Re: questions about PG update performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Любен Каравелов
Subject Re: questions about PG update performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
----- Цитат от Kisung Kim (kskim@bitnine.co.kr), на 26.10.2015 в 04:36 -----

> However, what I want to know is about the update performance difference
> between PG and Oracle if there any.
> The case I described is for exaggerating the difference between PG and
> Oracle.
>
> I want to explain for our clients that PG's update performance is
> comparable to Oracle's.

Oracle is also using MVCC but copies the old row in the rollback segment and
rewrites the values in-place. It is still 2 writes as in Postgres. The
difference is on roll-back and cleaning the row when it is not needed
anymore.

Regards,

--
Luben Karavelov