Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Date
List pgsql-www
On 24/02/2020 14:59, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 24 Feb 2020, at 14:22, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads@pgug.de> wrote:
>> right now, the posting policy[1] for Planet is that every blog must be
>> associated with a person:
>>
>> "Blogs should be submitted by a community account in the name of the blog author"
>>
>> It so happens that I have a new project coming up (approval still pending,
>> but submitted under my name) where the content is not about me, or from
>> me, but a series of interviews. That's something where my name doesn't even
>> need to be tackled on.
> Since you are the publisher (or editor in chief or whatever one wants to call
> it) of the blog and content, I don't see that as violating the spirit of the
> policy.  I don't feel qualified to judge whether it violates the letter of the
> policy, but if it does then I would argue for policy change to welcome such
> content.

This is not specifically about my project, but a general question. I was
told
that the topic of non-personal, project-related blogs was raised before.

If one of the many PostgreSQL projects or conferences wants to publish
on Planet today, it always has to be a person doing that. It can't be a
conference, or a project.

Regards,

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum