Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Date
List pgsql-www
On 24/02/2020 15:01, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 24/02/2020 14:22, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> right now, the posting policy[1] for Planet is that every blog must be
>> associated with a person:
>>
>> "Blogs should be submitted by a community account in the name of the
>> blog author"
>>

>> It so happens that I have a new project coming up (approval still pending,
>> but submitted under my name) where the content is not about me, or from
>> me, but a series of interviews. That's something where my name doesn't even
>> need to be tackled on.
> I would say that this should still be under your name.

Yes. Please ignore this project, I merely raised the point because
I stumbled over this discussion again. The following is the
interesting part:

>> This raises the question if blogs can be non-personal, but project
>> related, or company related. Any of the related PostgreSQL projects
>> could post updates, without using personal accounts for this.
> The case I'm interested in, is allowing conferences to post as
> themselves and not as any particular organizer.

Indeed. Conference announcements, or things like new major
upgrades of a tool like pgAdmin ect. Would be nice to have that
coming from the project, not from a specific person.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group