Re: Insufficient memory access checks in pglz_decompress - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Flavien GUEDEZ
Subject Re: Insufficient memory access checks in pglz_decompress
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Le 19/10/2023 à 02:48, Tom Lane a écrit :
I thought of another thing we should change: it's better to perform
the test as "off > (dp - dest)" than the way you formulated it.
"dp - dest" is certainly computable, since it's the number of bytes
we've written to the output buffer so far.  But "dp - off" could,
with bad luck and a buffer near the start of memory, wrap around
to look like it's after "dest".

Pushed with that change and a little fiddling with the comment.
Thanks for the report!
			regards, tom lane
Thank you for the details !
Best,