Re: Postgresql 9.5 and Shell scripts/variables vs. C programming/defining a value to be used - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.5 and Shell scripts/variables vs. C programming/defining a value to be used
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/21/2016 06:56 AM, Poul Kristensen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Hopefully this is this list.
>
> A shell variabel is  defined like this
>
> var1= value
>
> used like ${var1}.
>
> How is the equal defened in the Postgresql C programming?

You probably need to be more specific about what aspect of using C in
Postgres you are talking about. Assuming  'ECPG - Embedded SQL in C' for
now:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/ecpg-variables.html

> Thanks.
>
> Poul
>
> BTW: I have not received my ordered book yet!

There is one online:):

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/index.html

--
Adrian Klaver