Re: lock row in table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yudha Setiawan
Subject Re: lock row in table
Date
List pgsql-sql

Of course I can lock record with syntax
"Begin;
        select * from table1 where ID=12 for update;
        update table1 set field1="New value" where ID=12;
commit;"
but I can not to inform other user that the record is edited?

MAIN TARGET:
How to get information that current record is edited? Which function can I use?

* as long as i know, the only message you could create is just
raise notice 'ur_message'; or raise exception 'ur_error_message';
* and the only message that delphi could read is just raise exception.

* And if you wanna make your own message, perhaps you must using try and except
* and you could give your own message via ShowMessage('ur_message') or other
* Class object on delphi.

Please help me, Maybe someone have similar problem?
Greetings,
Daniel

Hope it Help, GOD Bless You and Bravo PostgreSQL.