Re: [GENERAL] Move rows from one database to other - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Move rows from one database to other
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/21/2017 12:53 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:
> I want to move table rows from one database to an central database.
>
> Both run PostgreSQL.
>

> How to solve this with PostgreSQL?

Should have added earlier. This is a specific case of the more general
case of ETL(Extract/Transform/Load). There are a host of tools out there
that do this. For instance I use Python and the following is available:

http://petl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

What tool you choose comes down to what you are comfortable with:

1) Writing your own programs/scripts and in what language?

2) Using a GUI that sets things up for you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com