Re: pg_try_advisory_lock is waiting? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: pg_try_advisory_lock is waiting?
Date
Re: pg_try_advisory_lock is waiting?
List pgsql-general
On 1/28/22 19:08, Tom Lane wrote:
I doubt it.  I think the FOR UPDATE in the sub-select is blocked
because the other session has an uncommitted update on the row
it wants to lock.  This command won't reach the pg_try_advisory_lock
call until that row lock comes free.

Yes, I figured it out, but pg_try_advisory_lock returned TRUE even without "FOR UPDATE" clause in the subquery. Shouldn't it return false because it can't lock the row until the uncommitted update finishes?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant