Re: Use standard SIGHUP and SIGTERM handlers in autoprewarm module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Use standard SIGHUP and SIGTERM handlers in autoprewarm module
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/11/27 16:47, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:26 PM Fujii Masao
> <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>
>>>   > > When I read the patch again, I found that, with the patch, the shutdown
>>>   > > of worker_spi causes to report the following FATAL message.
>>>   > >
>>>   > >      FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
>>>   > >
>>>   > > Isn't this message confusing because it's not a connection? If so,
>>>   > > we need to update ProcessInterrupts() so that the proper message is
>>>   > > reported like other bgworkers do.
>>>   > >
>>>   >
>>>   > This is also true for all the bgworker that use the die() handler. How about doing it the way bgworker_die()
doesin ProcessInterrupts()? This would give meaningful information. Thoughts? If okay, I can make a separate patch.

>>>   >

>>> Attaching the patch that improved the message for bg workers in ProcessInterrupts(). For instance, now it looks
like*FATAL:  terminating background worker "worker_spi" due to administrator command* or *FATAL:  terminating
backgroundworker "parallel worker" due to administrator command *and so on for other bg workers.*

>>> *
>>>
>>> Please review the patch.
>>
>> Thanks for the patch! It looks good to me.
>>

> Thanks!

Pushed. Thanks!

Since all the patches that proposed in this thread were committed,
I marked the CF entry as committed.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao