Re: Can't remove default permissions entry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Can't remove default permissions entry
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/27/20 10:06 AM, Christophe Pettus wrote:
> On RDS (thus, no superuser) we are trying to drop a user.  The only remaining item that the user owns is an "empty"
defaultpermissions entry, but we can't seem to get rid of it so that the user can be dropped:

> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Have you tried?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html

"If you wish to drop a role for which the default privileges have been
altered, it is necessary to reverse the changes in its default
privileges or use DROP OWNED BY to get rid of the default privileges
entry for the role."

So:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-drop-owned.html

--