Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rob Cowell
Subject Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5
Date
Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5  (Venkata Ramana <avr1984@gmail.com>)
Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5  (Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

Is it possible to set up replication from a 9.1.10 master to  a 9.3.5 slave?
I've taken a base-backup from the master and rsync'd it over to the slave but I'm seeing the following error :

   HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.
   FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
   DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 903, but the server was compiled with
PG_CONTROL_VERSION937.

Would I be better off dumping the data from 9.1.10 and re-importing into 9.3.5, then starting replication ?
(or is there an easier way?) :)

Cheers,
Rob.