PostgreSQL & JDBC newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnny Predicto
Subject PostgreSQL & JDBC newbie question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
these questions may sound a little newbie-like, but i hope that someone can
help me with this.

I have created a new class, lets say classX. Now I want to create a new
object in a postgreSQL database , type: classX. Is it correct that I call
the following command?
((org.postgresql.Connection)mycon).addDataType("classX", "my.class.classX");

Then I want to put a new created instance c ( ClassX c = new ClassX(); ) of
this class in the database. How do I do this? And how do i get it out of the
db again?

Thanx in advance.
Johnny.