Re: [BUGS] BUG #14649: Function Namespace Resolution Bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeremy Cowgar
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14649: Function Namespace Resolution Bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I didn’t realize that pg_dump alters the search path. Couldn’t pg_dump simply append the default search path to the end
ofit’s custom setting? That should solve the problem as well? We have not changed our search path and it seems the
defaultis “$user”, public.

Jeremy Cowgar

> On May 12, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy@cowgar.com> writes:
>> Why does it find the initial function just fine in the public namespace, but the method it calls it can not find,
whichis in the same namespace as the calling function?