streaming replication not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject streaming replication not working
Date
Re: streaming replication not working  (Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
List pgsql-general
I have a 9.2.4 (CentOS 6.5) standby that has been working with no problems using log shipping. I wanted to add
streamingreplication which I thought would be as simple as adding primary_conninfo to recovery.conf and restarting the
standby.But on restart there is no message or error about connecting to the primary for replication.
pg_stat_replicationis empty on the primary and I don't see any errors on the primary either.

Here is what I have on the standby:

postgresql.conf

hot_standby = on
max_wal_senders = 2
wal_level = hot_standby

recovery.conf

standby_mode = 'on'
trigger_file = '/pgsql/9.2/data/failover.trigger'
primary_conninfo = 'host=localhost port=21333 user=postgres'
restore_command = 'pg_standby -t /pgsql/9.2/data/failover.trigger /shared/pgbackup %f %p %r'
archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup /shared/pgbackup %r'

I have a ssh tunnel setup on localhost and have verified the replication user can connect to the primary.

Am I missing something obvious? Do I have to back up the primary again to make this change?

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.