Re: Slow deletes in 8.1 when FKs are involved - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Will Reese
Subject Re: Slow deletes in 8.1 when FKs are involved
Date
List pgsql-performance
Stef:

There is already a post explaining the solution.  All the proper
indexes were there, and it works great on 7.4.  The problem lies with
leftover 7.4 RI triggers being carried over to an 8.1 database.  The
solution is to drop the triggers and add the constraint.  Hopefully
this will not cause as many locking issues with FKs on 8.1 as it did
in 7.4 (which is why one of the RI triggers was removed in the first
place).

Will Reese  -- http://blog.rezra.com