Re: Version Numbering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Version Numbering
Date
Re: Version Numbering
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 20, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

>> Again, it means the format would be consistent. Always three integers. Nice thing about Semantic Versions is that if
youappend any ASCII string to the third integer, it automatically means "less than that integer".

> So I count three integers in both 9.0rc1 and 9.0beta4

No, I mean 9.0.0beta4. If we were to adopt the Semantic Versioning spec, one would *always* use X.Y.Z, with optional
ASCIIcharacters appended to Z to add meaning (including "less than unadorned Z).

Best,

David