RE: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #276 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ansley, Michael
Subject RE: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #276
Date
List pgsql-sql
You need to make sure that the client tool that you are using is aware of
the fact that you want this to be a pass-through query.  If not, then ODBC
will try to evaluate the query, instead of passing it through to the dbms.
If you are using ADO or something, set the QueryType (or something) property
to SQLPassThrough.  I can't remember the exact names and properties, but
look in the VB or ADO help for SQLPassThrough, or CursorType, and read up.
The main thing is to get ODBC to just hand the query over to the dbms
without trying to evaluate it.

MikeA

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm running PostgreSQL v6.4.2 on Red Hat Linux 6.0. I use it
>> on a Windows NT
>> server 4.0 with service pack 5 through ODBC calls; the ODBC
>> driver is the
>> one from Insight Distributions System, v6.40.00.06. The IP
>> address of the NT
>> machine is specified as "trust" in pg_hba.conf.
>>
>> I've been playing a bit with PL/pgSQL ... I find it quite
>> usefull. But I
>> have one problem: The functions I create seem to be
>> accessible only from
>> within the psql utility. When I try to run a query from the
>> network, I get
>> an ODBC error stating that the function doesn't exist.
>> Queries not involving
>> user-defined functions run fine.
>>
>> Here is one of these functions:
.