RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC Patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC Patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hmmm, I thought I had caught all the version strings. Thanks for spotting
it.

I'll commit that one and the others later today.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Cain [mailto:ccain@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 8:30 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org; pgsql-patches@postgresql.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] JDBC Patch

This patch for the 7.0.2 JDBC interface addresses four issues I
encountered while getting my reporting tool up and running with the
driver. All changes are in the DatabaseMetaData class.

Problem: The getDatabaseProductVersion() method was returning "6.5.2"
Resolution: Changed it to return "7.0.2"

Problem: A call to getTables() with an unsupported table type (in the
String array) resulted in a malformed SQL statement and subsequent
parsing error
Resolution: Unsupported table types are now ignored without error

Problem: In a getTables() call, tables and views were both returned by
the "TABLE" table type, and the "VIEW" table type was unsupported
Resolution: Changed the "TABLE" type to return only physical tables and
added support for the "VIEW" table type (returning only views)

Problem: The getIdentifierQuoteString() method was returning null
Resolution: This method now returns a double-quote

Regards ...

- Christopher