RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC6.5-1.2 bug wrt timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC6.5-1.2 bug wrt timestamp
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
The getTimestamp() method is broken - it gets confused for any time zone
outside of GMT/BST. I've been given a patch for it, which I'm looking at
and should have committed by the weekend.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Greenham [mailto:rachel@enlarion.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 2:05 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] JDBC6.5-1.2 bug wrt timestamp

I've just come across a bug in the latest JDBC driver for JDK1.2.

Given a field in the database which is of type timestamp, I've been
retrieving the value using ResultSet.getTimestamp("col") eg:

Date d = rs.getTimeStamp("col");

This has been fine under JDBC6.4

The error I get is:

Could not execute query (Bad Timestamp Format at 1999-06-09
15:34:05Africa/Algiers in {2})

The value in the database as seen by getString() is:

1999-06-29 00:00:00+01

The system timezone is set to "Europe/London".

OK, the first thing is that the Africa/Algiers bit seem to be a JVM
problem - ie: TimeZone.getDefault() returns timezone id "Africa/Algiers"
on my system, which is configured for "Europe/London". I'll be chasing
that separately.

Unfortunately, I couldn't override because
ResultSet.getTimestamp(String, TimeZone) hasn't been implemented yet
(that's the error I get anyway) but I also suspect from the above error
that it wouldn't work anyway.

For the time being I'm just getting the value as a String and parsing it
by hand.

--
Rachel