RE: [INTERFACES] NullPointerException in blobtest (JDBC) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] NullPointerException in blobtest (JDBC)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Looks ok, except you should use db.commit() (which Heroth has already
stated) ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatsuo Ishii [mailto:t-ishii@sra.co.jp]
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 1999 6:42 AM
To: Ellen Spertus
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] NullPointerException in blobtest (JDBC)

> I am getting a NullPointerException when running blobtest.  I am using
the latest version of everything:

> - postgresql 6.5
> - jdk 1.2
> - jdbc6.5-1.2
> - the version of blobtest.java that came with postgresql 6.5
> - OS: RH6.0
> - x86 (AMD K6)
[snip]

6.5 Large Objects requires each access to LO being inside a
transaction. Try following patches.  Peter, can you check them?
---
Tatsuo Ishii
*** blobtest.java~    Tue Jan 13 11:19:16 1998
--- blobtest.java    Sun Jun 20 14:10:59 1999
***************
--- 40,46 ----     // Connect to database     System.out.println("Connecting to Database URL = " + url);     db =
DriverManager.getConnection(url,usr, pwd);

+     db.setAutoCommit(false);     System.out.println("Connected...Now creating a statement");     s =
db.createStatement();

--- 53,60 ----     // Now run tests using JDBC methods     //jdbcapi(db,s);
+     s.executeUpdate("commit");
+      // Finally close the database     System.out.println("Now closing the connection");     s.close();