RE: [HACKERS] Request for 7.0 JDBC status - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hmmm, I'll double check. The last time I built the jar file (about a
week ago) I used the jar rule.

My memory's not that good at the moment, so perhaps I had fixed it since
:-)

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 12:08 PM
To: Peter Mount
Cc: Lamar Owen; Bruce Momjian; PostgreSQL-development;
PostgreSQL-interfaces
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Request for 7.0 JDBC status

> The jar file isn't built automatically in 7.0. You'll have to use:
>         make jdbc2 jar

?? From fresh sources afaik:

[postgres@golem jdbc]$ make jdbc2 jar
(echo "package org.postgresql;" ;\echo "public class DriverClass {" ;\echo "public static String
connectClass=\"org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection\";" ;\echo "}" \
) >org/postgresql/DriverClass.java
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/postgres/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc'
javac -g org/postgresql/DriverClass.java
javac -g org/postgresql/jdbc2/CallableStatement.java
Note: org/postgresql/jdbc2/CallableStatement.java uses or overrides a
deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for details.
1 warning
jar -c0f postgresql.jar `find org/postgresql -name "*.class" -print` \       org/postgresql/errors.properties
org/postgresql/errors_fr.properties
org/postgresql/errors_nl.properties
The JDBC driver has now been built. To make it available to
To build the CORBA example (requires Java2): make corba

make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/postgres/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc'
make: *** No rule to make target `jar'.  Stop.

Seems a jar file does get built with "make jdbc2", but I'm not sure it
is the right one (being *much* more advanced than Lamar in the Java
world, I *make* Java, but don't actually *use* Java :)) ;)

As an aside, I thought Peter might find it interesting that we do have
a fairly large Java app at my work (JPL) to manage and build
configurations for a fancy hard real-time system for astronomical
optical interferometers. The app happens to use Postgres as a backend
for most deliveries ;) Keck Observatory will need it working with
Sybase since they long ago standardized on that...
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California