RE: [INTERFACES] Access 2000 and ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Access 2000 and ODBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I haven't used Access with the ODBC driver (only Crystal Reports), but I
do remember this requirement.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 4:48 PM
To: Christopher R. Jones
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Access 2000 and ODBC

> Interestingly enough, this thread is also very active on the MySQL
mailing
> list.  It seems that ACCESS 2000 has a bug that makes many ODBC
datasources
> read only.  Some MySQL tables linked to Access 2000 via ODBC are
read/write
> and some are not.  Note that if the tables are converted to Foxpro
tables
> (use same column types) then Access has no problem.  Hopefully
Microsoft
> will pay attention.

I've worked just a bit with ODBC, but not with any of the front end
tools you are discussing. But I vaguely recall some discussion on the
list that some tool (Access?) required that there be a primary key
defined to allow a table to be considered writable.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? If not, sorry for the
misdirection...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California