Import Schema converting tinyint to Boolean? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guyren Howe
Subject Import Schema converting tinyint to Boolean?
Date
List pgsql-general
Converting databases is a nightmare. IMPORT SCHEMA almost makes it easy.

Almost.

I'm converting a MySQL database to a Postgres database by doing a bunch of CREATE TABLE… AS SELECT * FROM, but the
tinyintsare coming across as tinyints.

Seems like there ought to be an option somewhere to have them behave like Booleans but I can't see it.

Also, I would like to be able to execute raw MySQL-style SQL over the fdw connection, but I don't see an option to do
that.I'd also like to be able to query from the information schema on the MySQL side, but I don't see how to
schema-qualifythe scopes. I guess I could separately do IMPORT SCHEMA against the MySQL info schema.

This facility is close to making a robust database conversion script a fairly simple thing to write…