Re: Perl::DBI and interval syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Perl::DBI and interval syntax
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 8, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> This is correct. Though generally not recommeded, you can switch it
> off
> with the pg_server_prepare attribute like so:
>
> $dbh->{pg_server_prepare} = 0;
>
> This will force DBD::Pg to do the quoting itself, with the subsequent
> penalty of speed and loss of auto type casting.

And a reduction in bugs... :-(

One I found the other day: if you set $dbh->{InactiveDestroy} it
still destroys all of your prepared statements.  Context is when you
fork a child which needs to open its own connection, and the parent's
prepared statements go away.

Need to find some tuits to file the formal bug report.